Sunday, December 11, 2011

Nacho Cheese

A friend sent me this link to an article about a smuggling attempt.  Apparently, big cans of nacho "cheese" sauce are what the kids are using to hide methamphetamine these days.  Can't blame them for trying.

But, doesn't it strike you as something from an episode of Beavis & Butthead?  Nachos.  Meth.  Not that Beavis & Butthead have ever done meth.  I think they are already stupid and hyper enough.  (Please note: I love Beavis & Butthead.)  But, considering one of their many charms is that they 1) love nachos and all other manner of processed food and 2) would probably like to do meth because they seem to want to do anything and everything a reasonable person should avoid, especially if it's considered cool by someone, somewhere... 

Anyway.

When my friend sent me this link, and I saw the headline, I must admit, my hopes were up.  "Ooh," I thought, "I wonder which cheeses smugglers are using to sneak drugs into the country?"  I saw a thumbnail of the picture (see below, but imagine it smaller) and could vaguely see some tall cylinders, so I thought "Stilton" or "Fourme d'Ambert".




Nope.

Cans.

Of "cheese sauce."

Damn you, NPR!  Your headline promised the transport of "Drugs In Cheese".  This isn't cheese!

Now I really feel like Beavis & Butthead, who, in a recent (new!) episode, were lured into a van by two "hot chicks" who were looking to score some meth, but B & B misunderstood and thought they were being propositioned for sex by the women.  Come to think of it, I feel like the women, too.  They thought B & B were "holding", but it wasn't so.  Everyone ended up feeling duped.

I feel duped, too.  Cheese sauce isn't cheese, NPR, even if it makes your headline snappier.

No comments:

Post a Comment